The Science of Science Policy (SoSP) is an emerging field of interdisciplinary research that seeks to provide a scientifically rigorous, quantitative basis for science policy. This website is intended to serve as a resource for the emerging community of practice engaged in developing and applying the Science of Science Policy. It offers a central location for news, information, and the communication of research findings. We welcome the active engagement and participation of Federal practitioners, researchers, others in the broader science community, and interested members of the general public.
From this website you can
- Learn more about the Science of Science Policy
- Join the Science of Science Policy community
- Find out about upcoming conferences, funding opportunities, and other events
- Share your Science of Science Policy Research and learn about recent contributions to the literature
- Discover new Science of Science Policy Research
- Discover other on-line resources
- Learn about applications of the Science of Science Policy
Policy makers have long been interested in access to better quantitative data, qualitative information, theory and models to guide decisions about investments in scientific Research and Development (R&D), efforts to promote scientific workforce training, and encourage innovation and entrepreneurship. At the same time researchers from many disciplines across the social and behavioral and natural sciences have sought to understand factors that influence scientific discovery, technological innovation and economic competitiveness. Scholars from these different disciplines have not always communicated or collaborated effectively with one another, or with the policy makers who are the natural audience for their research.